Manly Palmer Hall (March 18, 1901 – 29 August 1990) was a Canadian author on the occult, mythology and religion. His best known work is The Secret Teachings of All Ages: An Encyclopedic Outline of Masonic, Hermetic, and Rosicrucian Symbolical Philosophy Qabbalistic
It is claimed that Hall was made a knight patron of the Masonic Research Group of San Francisco in 1953, although not raised as a Mason until 22 November 1954 into Jewel Lodge No. 374, San Francisco. He later received his 32 ° in the Valley of San Francisco AASR (SJ). In 1973 (47 years after writing The Secret Teachings of All Ages), Hall was recognized as a Mason 33 (the highest honor conferred by the Supreme Council of the Scottish Rite), at a ceremony held at PRS on December 8 1973. Interestingly, the definitive Manly Palmer Hall Archive states that received the 33 °, “despite not being initiated into the physical craft.”
In his more than 70-year career, Hall dictated some 8,000 lectures in the United States and abroad, authored over 150 books and essays, and wrote numerous magazine articles.
Philosophical Research Society
In 1934, Hall founded the Philosophical Research Society (PRS) in Los Angeles, California, a nonprofit foundation dedicated to the study of religion, mythology, metaphysics and the occult. PRS maintains a research library with over 50,000 volumes, and also sells and publishes metaphysical and spiritual books, mostly those written by Hall.
Some of his Main Works
* The Secret Teachings of All Ages, 1928 PRS
* Meditation Symbols In Eastern & Western Mysticism-Mysteries of the Mandala, The Philosophical Research Society, Inc., 1988. ISBN 0-89314-543-2
* The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, 1923
Other Books and Texts
LECTURES ON ANCIENT PHILOSOPHY *: An Introduction to Practical Ideals
* The Adepts Series PRS
* Lady of Dreams: A fable in the manner of the Chinese (Los Angeles, 1943)
* THE BLESSED ANGELS: A Monograph
* Lectures on Ancient Philosophy-An Introduction to the Study and Application of Rational Procedure, The Hall Publishing Company, Los Angeles, First Edition, 1929, Rosicrucian and Masonic Origins
Introduction to Blavatsky, Max Heindel and The Secret Doctrine, 1933
* ATLANTIS, An Interpretation
* Symbolic Essays
* Noah and His Wonderful Ark
* The Fraternity of the Rosecross From: The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall. PRS.
“The man must never forget that the Master is near. Day and night will feel the presence of the Supreme and overprotective. The All-Seeing Eye is upon him. Day and night this great Orb measures his depth, seeing the deeper soul of souls, judging his life, reading his thoughts, measuring his aspirations to reward your honesty. Therefore the all-seeing is responsible, no one but him accordingly. This Spirit passes with him out of the Lodge and measures the Mason in the world. “(Manly P. Hall, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, p. 62, edition 2006, original edition 1923).
Manly P. Hall “If the infinite had not desired man to be wise, it would not have granted the power to know”
This article was written by Psalm Triginta